Document Detail


Vitrectomy for intra ocular foreign body removal.
MedLine Citation:
PMID:  1452279     Owner:  NLM     Status:  MEDLINE    
Abstract/OtherAbstract:
Ten consecutive cases of perforating ocular injuries with retained intraocular foreign bodies over a period of 2 years were reviewed retrospectively in this study. All cases were operated upon by a 3 port pars plana vitrectomy and if necessary endolaser done. All ten cases (100%) were successful in terms of intraocular foreign body removal through the pars plana sclerotomy but ultimately we lost three [3] [30%] cases of which two had retinal detachments with P.V.R. D-3 preoperatively and the other had endophthalmitis. Of the seven (70%) successful cases four eyes (40%) had a post-operative vision of 6/12 or better while 2 [20%] had 6/24 and the last had 6/60 [10%]. Nine cases [90%] had a magnetic Intraocular foreign body. Various complications of Intraocular foreign bodies like vitreous haemorrhage, retinal incarceration, cataract and retinal detachment were noted preoperatively. Silicone oil was used in three (30%) cases. Sulfur Hexafluoride was used in 5 cases (50%). Endolaser photocoagulation was done in 7 cases (70%).
Authors:
J S Saroya; R R Sasikanth; T Agarwal; S Agarwal; A Agarwal
Related Documents :
835079 - The danger of intracranial wood.
7410769 - Prevalence of asteroid bodies in a va optometry clinic.
7281509 - Renal malakoplakia. report of a case with giant michaelis-gutmann bodies.
16010469 - Pentaethylene-terephthalate (pet) bottles: a new device for autoerotic strangulation of...
5358579 - Primary intrahepatic obliterating cholangitis: a possible variant of 'sclerosing cholan...
2976749 - Pachydermoperiostosis and acro-osteolysis.
9350949 - Folie à deux in japan -- analysis of 97 cases in the japanese literature.
21969899 - Myelomatous pleural effusion: case report and review of the literature.
3312219 - Recent trends in the surgical treatment of endomyocardial fibrosis.
Publication Detail:
Type:  Journal Article    
Journal Detail:
Title:  Indian journal of ophthalmology     Volume:  40     ISSN:  0301-4738     ISO Abbreviation:  Indian J Ophthalmol     Publication Date:    1992 Apr-Jun
Date Detail:
Created Date:  1993-01-07     Completed Date:  1993-01-07     Revised Date:  2008-09-03    
Medline Journal Info:
Nlm Unique ID:  0405376     Medline TA:  Indian J Ophthalmol     Country:  INDIA    
Other Details:
Languages:  eng     Pagination:  38-40     Citation Subset:  IM    
Affiliation:
Eye Research Centre, Madras, India.
Export Citation:
APA/MLA Format     Download EndNote     Download BibTex
MeSH Terms
Descriptor/Qualifier:
Adolescent
Adult
Eye Foreign Bodies / surgery*
Eye Injuries, Penetrating / surgery*
Humans
Laser Coagulation
Magnetics
Male
Silicone Oils
Sulfur Hexafluoride
Vitrectomy / methods*
Chemical
Reg. No./Substance:
0/Silicone Oils; 2551-62-4/Sulfur Hexafluoride

From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine


Previous Document:  Congenital adrenal hyperplasia: experience at intersex clinic, AIIMS.
Next Document:  Comparative results of limbal based versus fornix based conjunctival flaps for trabeculectomy.