Document Detail


Usefulness of Fetuin-A and C-Reactive Protein Concentrations for Prediction of Outcome in Acute Coronary Syndromes (from the French Registry of Acute ST-Elevation Non-ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction [FAST-MI]).
MedLine Citation:
PMID:  23062316     Owner:  NLM     Status:  Publisher    
Abstract/OtherAbstract:
Fetuin-A is a ubiquitous anti-inflammatory glycoprotein that counteracts proinflammatory cytokine production. Previous studies have shown that low fetuin-A concentration is associated with cardiovascular death and may play an important role in the prognosis of patients with acute coronary syndromes (ACS). The purpose of this study was to assess in large cohort of patients admitted for ACS the prognostic value of fetuin-A adjusted for C-reactive protein value (CRP) and Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events (GRACE) risk score. Plasma fetuin-A and CRP concentrations were measured on day 3 in 754 consecutive patients with ACS (mean age 66 ± 14 years, 404 with ST-segment elevation and 350 without ST-segment elevation) included in the French Registry of Acute ST-Elevation or Non-ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (FAST-MI), and these data were correlated to 1-year mortality. Plasma fetuin-A and CRP concentrations at admission averaged 95 ± 27 and 12 ± 16 mg/L, respectively. Overall, 1-year cardiovascular mortality was 10% (28 in-hospital deaths and 51 deaths after discharge), 17% in patients with low fetuin-A (less than the first tertile), 18% with high CRP (higher than the third tertile), and 23% in patients with low fetuin associated with high CRP (p <0.01). In contrast, patients with neither low fetuin-A nor high CRP had a low mortality rate (5%). Multivariate analysis adjusted for GRACE risk score showed that low fetuin-A and high CRP concentration remained associated with outcomes (odds ratio 2.28, 95% confidence interval 1.20 to 4.33). In conclusion, fetuin-A combined with CRP level is associated with cardiovascular death in patients with ACS.
Authors:
Pascal Lim; Stephane Moutereau; Tabassome Simon; Romain Gallet; Vincent Probst; Jean Ferrieres; Pascal Gueret; Nicolas Danchin
Related Documents :
21098426 - Primary results from the smartdelay determined av optimization: a comparison to other a...
7139926 - Falsely negative laboratory diagnosis for myocardial infarction owing to the concurrent...
21427336 - A simulation model of clinical and economic outcomes of cardiac ct triage of patients w...
21207466 - Primary percutaneous coronary intervention of an unprotected left main using mini-crush...
1951546 - Fetal cardiac function in intrauterine growth retardation.
16314196 - Placebo or trimetazidine (99m)tc tetrofosmin myocardial spect and low-dose dobutamine e...
Publication Detail:
Type:  JOURNAL ARTICLE     Date:  2012-10-9
Journal Detail:
Title:  The American journal of cardiology     Volume:  -     ISSN:  1879-1913     ISO Abbreviation:  Am. J. Cardiol.     Publication Date:  2012 Oct 
Date Detail:
Created Date:  2012-10-15     Completed Date:  -     Revised Date:  -    
Medline Journal Info:
Nlm Unique ID:  0207277     Medline TA:  Am J Cardiol     Country:  -    
Other Details:
Languages:  ENG     Pagination:  -     Citation Subset:  -    
Copyright Information:
Copyright © 2012 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Affiliation:
Cardiovascular Department, AP-HPeUniversity Hospital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France; Henri Mondor University Hospital, Creteil, France. Electronic address: lim.pascal.hmn@gmail.com.
Export Citation:
APA/MLA Format     Download EndNote     Download BibTex
MeSH Terms
Descriptor/Qualifier:

From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine


Previous Document:  Similarities and Differences of the Aortic Root After Arterial Switch and Ross Operation in Children...
Next Document:  Management of high altitude pulmonary edema in the Himalaya: a review of 56 cases presenting at Pher...