Document Detail


Soluble interleukin-2 receptor (S IL-2R) in renal and pancreatic transplantation.
MedLine Citation:
PMID:  1651783     Owner:  NLM     Status:  MEDLINE    
Abstract/OtherAbstract:
The monitoring of plasma soluble interleukin-2 receptor (S IL-2R) concentrations has been proposed in organ transplantation, especially to detect early manifestations of rejection. In organ transplantation, immune activation occurs in various circumstances such as rejections and infections. We performed S IL-2R determination 3 times a week in the sera of 106 patients undergoing kidney and/or pancreas transplantation. In kidney transplantation, S IL-2R was increased before the transplant. It also increased under prophylactic and especially under curative anti-rejection OKT3 or ATG therapy. In 90% cases, S IL-2R increased 2 to 4 days before creatininemia rise. In the other 10% cases, no correlation could be found with any clinical status modification. S IL-2R concentrations never increased in isolated acute tubular necrosis or in cyclosporine A (CsA) nephrotoxicity. In pancreas transplantation, the correlation between S IL-2R concentrations and possible pancreas rejection, was very poor. During cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection, only 50% patients with clinical CMV manifestations had high concentrations of S IL-2R. During Dihydroxy Propoxy Methyl Guanine (DPHG = Ganciclovir) treatment, S IL-2R still increased at the beginning, then it decreased progressively when therapy was efficient on CMV infection. The monitoring of S IL-2R concentrations may be useful in the weeks following organ transplantation provided that results are interpreted in the context of clinical and other laboratory findings, particularly with the renal function status and creatininemia.
Authors:
F Touraine; C Malcus; C Pouteil-Noble; J L Touraine
Related Documents :
18194133 - Alteration of direct and indirect effects of cytomegalovirus.
7933103 - Secondary herpes simplex virus latent infection in transplanted ganglia.
15902563 - Orthotopic liver transplantation from a living-related donor in an infant with a peroxi...
Publication Detail:
Type:  Journal Article    
Journal Detail:
Title:  European cytokine network     Volume:  2     ISSN:  1148-5493     ISO Abbreviation:  Eur. Cytokine Netw.     Publication Date:    1991 Jan-Feb
Date Detail:
Created Date:  1991-09-23     Completed Date:  1991-09-23     Revised Date:  2004-11-17    
Medline Journal Info:
Nlm Unique ID:  9100879     Medline TA:  Eur Cytokine Netw     Country:  FRANCE    
Other Details:
Languages:  eng     Pagination:  47-50     Citation Subset:  IM    
Affiliation:
Immunobiology laboratory, Neurological Hospital, Lyon, France.
Export Citation:
APA/MLA Format     Download EndNote     Download BibTex
MeSH Terms
Descriptor/Qualifier:
Creatinine / blood
Cytomegalovirus Infections / immunology
Graft Rejection / immunology
Humans
Kidney Transplantation / immunology*
Pancreas Transplantation / immunology*
Receptors, Interleukin-2 / blood*
Solubility
Time Factors
Chemical
Reg. No./Substance:
0/Receptors, Interleukin-2; 60-27-5/Creatinine

From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine


Previous Document:  Modulation of IL-1 inflammatory and immunomodulatory properties by IL-6.
Next Document:  SPAM-8, a mouse-human heteromyeloma fusion partner in the production of human monoclonal antibodies....