Document Detail


Safety and feasibility of selective angiography of left internal mammary artery grafts via right transradial approach.
MedLine Citation:
PMID:  21275304     Owner:  NLM     Status:  In-Process    
Abstract/OtherAbstract:
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: Right transradial approach (TRA) for cardiovascular procedures is becoming common practice, but angiography and PCI of left mammary artery by-pass graft (LIMA) via the right radial artery is still technically challenging. Aim of the study was to evaluate the possibility to put a stable catheter in left mammary from right radial approach.
METHODS: From June 2002 to March 2009, 246 consecutive patients (88% male; age 67.7 +/- 7.8 years) with previous CABG underwent LIMA graft angiography via right TRA by a single experienced operator.
RESULTS: An adequate radial access was obtained in all patients. Selective angiography of LIMA was successfully performed in 218 patients (89.1%). In the remaining 28 (10.9%) the LIMA approach from right radial failed because of severe tortuosity of brachiocephalic trunk or severe calcified and tortuous left subclavian artery. 13 patients underwent PCI and stentingon mid-distal native LAD trough LIMA using 6FIM4 guiding catheter. No periprocedural cerebro-vascular complications, no vascular injury at the LIMA takeoff as a result of selective canulation, no injury of the left subclavian artery were observed
CONCLUSIONS: In patients with previous CABG, the presence of LIMA grafts is not a limitation to successfully perform diagnostic and interventional procedures via the right radial approach with experienced operators.
Authors:
Orazio Valsecchi; Angelina Vassileva
Related Documents :
11717084 - Endovascular treatment of aortic type b dissection and penetrating ulcer using commerci...
9827234 - Cervical artery dissection is associated with widened aortic root diameter.
21494534 - Surgical treatment of a giant external-iliac-vein aneurysm in a patient with a post-tra...
21151464 - Hybrid endovascular repair in aortic arch pathologies: a retrospective study.
2749454 - A pitfall in the interhemispheric translamina terminalis approach for the removal of a ...
4043104 - Anomalous origin of an accessory coronary artery from the main pulmonary artery: report...
Publication Detail:
Type:  Journal Article    
Journal Detail:
Title:  Indian heart journal     Volume:  62     ISSN:  0019-4832     ISO Abbreviation:  Indian Heart J     Publication Date:    2010 May-Jun
Date Detail:
Created Date:  2011-01-31     Completed Date:  -     Revised Date:  -    
Medline Journal Info:
Nlm Unique ID:  0374675     Medline TA:  Indian Heart J     Country:  India    
Other Details:
Languages:  eng     Pagination:  255-7     Citation Subset:  IM    
Affiliation:
Interventional Cath. Lab., Cardiovascular Department, Ospedali Riuniti Bergamo, Italy. ovalsec@tin.it
Export Citation:
APA/MLA Format     Download EndNote     Download BibTex
MeSH Terms
Descriptor/Qualifier:

From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine


Previous Document:  Transulnar approach: the rationale from the radialist's view.
Next Document:  Our technique for transradial coronary angiography and interventions.