Document Detail


Radiation Exposure in Vascular Angiographic Procedures.
MedLine Citation:
PMID:  22840684     Owner:  NLM     Status:  Publisher    
Abstract/OtherAbstract:
PURPOSE: To evaluate dose reduction in vascular angiographic procedures by using fluoroscopy capture instead of digital subtraction angiography frames for documentation. MATERIALS AND METHODS: A total of 764 consecutive vascular interventional procedures performed over a period of 1 year were retrospectively analyzed with respect to the fluoroscopy time and the resulting dose-area product (DAP), the DAP of the radiographic frames, and the overall DAP. RESULTS: A total of 70% of the total DAP was a result of the acquisition of radiographic frames, leaving only 30% being applied by fluoroscopy. CONCLUSIONS: Fluoroscopy capture should be used for documentation whenever possible. A registry of radiation exposure should not only comprise a sufficiently large number of interventions but also different intervention types to allow the development of interventional reference levels.
Authors:
Michael Bernhard Pitton; Roman Kloeckner; Jens Schneider; Christian Ruckes; Anton Bersch; Christoph Düber
Related Documents :
6970234 - Intralitter transmission of haemophilus influenzae type b in infant rats and rifampin e...
24388694 - A dosimetric study of small photon fields using polymer gel and gafchromic ebt films.
3184244 - Bithionol (bitin) treatment in established fascioliasis in egyptians.
6485054 - Treatment of schistosoma mekongi with praziquantel in cambodian refugees in holding cen...
6129954 - Central mechanisms of clonidine and propranolol in man. quantitative pharmaco-eeg with ...
1623914 - Endoscopic evaluation of the effect of ketoprofen, ibuprofen and aspirin on the gastrod...
Publication Detail:
Type:  JOURNAL ARTICLE     Date:  2012-7-25
Journal Detail:
Title:  Journal of vascular and interventional radiology : JVIR     Volume:  -     ISSN:  1535-7732     ISO Abbreviation:  -     Publication Date:  2012 Jul 
Date Detail:
Created Date:  2012-7-30     Completed Date:  -     Revised Date:  -    
Medline Journal Info:
Nlm Unique ID:  9203369     Medline TA:  J Vasc Interv Radiol     Country:  -    
Other Details:
Languages:  ENG     Pagination:  -     Citation Subset:  -    
Copyright Information:
Copyright © 2012 SIR. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Affiliation:
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstr. 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany.
Export Citation:
APA/MLA Format     Download EndNote     Download BibTex
MeSH Terms
Descriptor/Qualifier:

From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine


Previous Document:  Twelve-Month Results of the EverFlex Stent in the Superficial Femoral Artery.
Next Document:  Discontinuation of beta-blockers in cardiovascular disease: UK primary care cohort study.