Document Detail


Persistent truncus arteriosus--an autopsy study of 16 cases.
MedLine Citation:
PMID:  1468825     Owner:  NLM     Status:  MEDLINE    
Abstract/OtherAbstract:
Sixteen specimens of heart with persistent truncus arteriosus were studied to evaluate the anatomic features. Using the Collet and Edwards classification, type I truncus arteriosus was the most frequent (62.5%). Using Van Praagh's classification type A1 was the most common (43.7%). There were two cases which could not be classified according to the Collet and Edwards classification. The truncal valve was tricuspid in 75% of the cases and bicuspid in the remaining 25%. In all 6 cases with interruption of the aorta, the truncal valve was committed to the right ventricle. The ventricular septal defect was subtruncal in all except 1 case. There was variation in the thickness of the posterior limb of the septal band and the ventriculo-infundibular fold. Absence of the ventriculo-infundibular fold in 3 cases led to truncal tricuspid continuity. Right-sided aortic arch and interruption of the aorta were frequently associated arch anomalies.
Authors:
J Deshpande; M Desai; S Kinare
Related Documents :
1920315 - Aortitis and periaortic fibrosis.
8442535 - Traumatic rupture of the aorta with ductus diverticulum: a case history.
9456495 - Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy presenting with 3rd-degree atrioventricular block.
23915575 - Highly aggressive pathology of non-functional parathyroid carcinoma.
21576215 - Massage as therapy for persons with intellectual disabilities: a review of the literature.
21199635 - Laugier-hunziker syndrome: a case report and review of the literature.
Publication Detail:
Type:  Journal Article    
Journal Detail:
Title:  International journal of cardiology     Volume:  37     ISSN:  0167-5273     ISO Abbreviation:  Int. J. Cardiol.     Publication Date:  1992 Dec 
Date Detail:
Created Date:  1993-01-26     Completed Date:  1993-01-26     Revised Date:  2006-07-12    
Medline Journal Info:
Nlm Unique ID:  8200291     Medline TA:  Int J Cardiol     Country:  NETHERLANDS    
Other Details:
Languages:  eng     Pagination:  395-9     Citation Subset:  IM    
Affiliation:
Department of Pathology, Seth G.S. Medical College, Parel, Bombay, India.
Export Citation:
APA/MLA Format     Download EndNote     Download BibTex
MeSH Terms
Descriptor/Qualifier:
Abnormalities, Multiple / classification,  epidemiology,  pathology
Adolescent
Adult
Autopsy
Child
Female
Hospitals, University
Humans
India / epidemiology
Infant
Male
Truncus Arteriosus, Persistent / classification,  epidemiology,  pathology*

From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine


Previous Document:  Assessment of cardiac adrenergic supply in mitral valve prolapse using m-[123I]iodobenzylguanidine s...
Next Document:  Enalapril and exercise-induced hyperkalemia. A study of patients randomized to double-blind treatmen...