Document Detail


Percutaneous revascularization of unprotected left main: results of PCI using drug-eluting stent in ostial versus distal bifurcation disease.
MedLine Citation:
PMID:  19398419     Owner:  NLM     Status:  MEDLINE    
Abstract/OtherAbstract:
BACKGROUND: Coronary artery bypass graft surgery is standard treatment for unprotected left main coronary artery disease. Recently, drug-eluting stents have been used to treat unprotected left main coronary artery disease. OBJECTIVE: To analyze data for consecutive patients treated at a single center with drug-eluting stents for unprotected left main coronary artery disease. RESULTS: Seventy-three patients underwent elective percutaneous coronary intervention of unprotected left main coronary artery disease. Twenty-one (30%) of the patients had disease involving the ostium or midshaft of the left main, while the remaining 52 (70%) patients had distal bifurcation disease. The group consisted of high-risk patients with an average European System for Cardiac Operative Risk Evaluation of 9% (range 0.9%-54%). After 1 year follow-up, 3 (4%) patients died; 8 patients (11%) had target vessel revascularization; 4 with repeat percutaneous coronary intervention; and 4 with coronary artery bypass graft surgery. All the events occurred in the distal bifurcation group. CONCLUSION: These results from a single-center registry suggest the safety of performing percutaneous coronary intervention with drug-eluting stents in unprotected left main coronary artery disease with low major adverse cardiac events (MACE) rates at 1 year.
Authors:
Ibrahim Al Rashdan; Haitham Amin
Related Documents :
6385889 - Surgical management of diseased intracavitary coronary arteries.
6601209 - Coronary artery stenoses. relationship between angiographic severity and impact on mean...
6967759 - Normal left ventricular function with total occlusion of right and left main coronary a...
9158179 - Neoplastic angina: a case report.
10543569 - The enabler right ventricular circulatory support system for beating heart coronary art...
15987709 - Rapid and complete coronary arterial tree visualization with magnetic resonance imaging...
3356839 - Early changes of right heart geometry after pulmonary thromboendarterectomy.
24502499 - Endoleak visualized with carbon dioxide angiography during endovascular aneurysm repair...
22893319 - Isolated aneurysm of the proximal right subclavian artery treated with consideration to...
Publication Detail:
Type:  Comparative Study; Journal Article     Date:  2009-04-26
Journal Detail:
Title:  Angiology     Volume:  61     ISSN:  1940-1574     ISO Abbreviation:  Angiology     Publication Date:    2010 Feb-Mar
Date Detail:
Created Date:  2009-12-25     Completed Date:  2010-01-26     Revised Date:  -    
Medline Journal Info:
Nlm Unique ID:  0203706     Medline TA:  Angiology     Country:  United States    
Other Details:
Languages:  eng     Pagination:  19-23     Citation Subset:  IM    
Affiliation:
Chest Disease Hospital, Kuwait and Faculty of Medicine, University of Kuwait, Kuwait. ialrashdan@yahoo.com
Export Citation:
APA/MLA Format     Download EndNote     Download BibTex
MeSH Terms
Descriptor/Qualifier:
Adult
Aged
Aged, 80 and over
Angioplasty, Transluminal, Percutaneous Coronary*
Combined Modality Therapy
Coronary Artery Disease / therapy*
Drug-Eluting Stents*
Female
Humans
Male
Middle Aged
Prospective Studies

From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine


Previous Document:  Peripheral Arterial Disease and Clinical Risks in Taiwanese Hemodialysis Patients.
Next Document:  No Article Title