Document Detail


Minimally traumatic midface lift approach for patients in their early 30s and 40s.
MedLine Citation:
PMID:  20875623     Owner:  NLM     Status:  In-Process    
Abstract/OtherAbstract:
BACKGROUND: To evaluate the effectiveness of the minimally traumatic midface lift approach in combination with the Wrinkle Severity Rating Scale (WSRS) criteria.
METHODS: From July 2007 to September 2009, 21 female patients underwent the minimal incision midface lift procedure. The procedure was mainly composed of a small arrow-like incision just superior to the top of the auricle, a fanlike subcutaneous dissection, and 3 suspension sutures. After 6 months, objective and subjective criteria were recorded, photos were taken for documentation and the WSRS scale system was used. Postoperative adverse effects were also recorded.
RESULTS: All 21 patients completed more than a 6-month postoperative follow-up, and all the patients gained complete recovery. In the doctor's evaluation for using the WSRS system, 3 patients (14.3%) felt fair, the remaining 18 patients (85.7%) felt good, and no patients (0%) had poor results 6 months after the operation. In patient self-evaluation, 5 patients (23.8%) felt fair, the remaining 16 (76.2%) felt good, and no patient (0%) had poor results after 6 months. No serious operative complications including facial nerve palsy and skin slough were found.
CONCLUSION: The minimally traumatic midface lift is a simple, reliable, and effective approach for the aging face of women in their 30s and 40s.
Authors:
Xiao-Gen Hu; Hai-Huan Ma; Xiao-Zu Fu; Gao Zeng; Hui Lu; Peng Cui; Hui-Jie Qi
Related Documents :
17324823 - A comparative study of focal medium-depth chemical peel versus cryosurgery for the trea...
19546523 - Granulomatous slack skin responds to uva1 phototherapy.
24119523 - Efficacy of intralesional betamethasone for erosive oral lichen planus and evaluation ...
Publication Detail:
Type:  Journal Article    
Journal Detail:
Title:  Journal of the Chinese Medical Association : JCMA     Volume:  73     ISSN:  1728-7731     ISO Abbreviation:  J Chin Med Assoc     Publication Date:  2010 Sep 
Date Detail:
Created Date:  2010-09-29     Completed Date:  -     Revised Date:  -    
Medline Journal Info:
Nlm Unique ID:  101174817     Medline TA:  J Chin Med Assoc     Country:  China (Republic : 1949- )    
Other Details:
Languages:  eng     Pagination:  487-91     Citation Subset:  IM    
Copyright Information:
Copyright © 2010 Elsevier. Published by Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
Affiliation:
Department of Plastic Surgery, China Japan Friendship Hospital under the Chinese Health Ministry, 2 Yinghua Dong Road, Beijing, China.
Export Citation:
APA/MLA Format     Download EndNote     Download BibTex
MeSH Terms
Descriptor/Qualifier:

From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine


Previous Document:  Investigation of the Sniffin' Sticks olfactory test in Taiwan and comparison with different continen...
Next Document:  Usefulness of multidetector-row computed tomography in diagnosis of anomalous origin of left coronar...