Document Detail


Immediate Rehabilitation of the Edentulous Mandible Using Ankylos SynCone Telescopic Copings and Intraoral Welding: A Pilot Study.
MedLine Citation:
PMID:  23057062     Owner:  NLM     Status:  In-Data-Review    
Abstract/OtherAbstract:
The aim of this prospective study was to assess the suitability of immediate rehabilitation of the edentulous mandible using SynCone copings and the intraoral welding technique. Patients with an edentulous mandible were fitted with a removable restoration supported by an intraorally welded titanium bar. Copings were connected to their respective SynCone 5-degree abutments and then welded to a titanium bar using an intraoral welding unit. This framework was used to support the definitive restoration, which was delivered on the day of implant placement. Restoration success and survival, implant success, and biologic or technical complications were assessed immediately after surgery and at 6 and 12 months. Twenty-two patients were consecutively treated with 88 immediately loaded implants. No acrylic resin fractures or radiographically detectable alterations of the welded frameworks were present in the 22 restorations delivered. One implant (1.1%) failed 1 month after surgery; all remaining implants (98.9%) were clinically stable at the 12-month follow-up. Within its limitations, this pilot study demonstrated that it is possible to successfully rehabilitate the edentulous mandible on the day of surgery with a definitive restoration supported by an intraorally welded titanium framework and SynCone 5-degree abutments.
Authors:
Marco Degidi; Diego Nardi; Gianluca Sighinolfi; Adriano Piattelli
Publication Detail:
Type:  Journal Article    
Journal Detail:
Title:  The International journal of periodontics & restorative dentistry     Volume:  32     ISSN:  0198-7569     ISO Abbreviation:  Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent     Publication Date:  2012 Dec 
Date Detail:
Created Date:  2012-10-11     Completed Date:  -     Revised Date:  -    
Medline Journal Info:
Nlm Unique ID:  8200894     Medline TA:  Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent     Country:  United States    
Other Details:
Languages:  eng     Pagination:  e189-94     Citation Subset:  D    
Export Citation:
APA/MLA Format     Download EndNote     Download BibTex
MeSH Terms
Descriptor/Qualifier:

From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine


Previous Document:  Use of piezosurgery during maxillary sinus elevation: clinical results of 40 consecutive cases.
Next Document:  Bone loss around immediately loaded transitional implants: histologic and microcomputed tomographic ...