Document Detail


Hysteroscopic septum resection of complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, sparing the double cervix in patients with recurrent spontaneous abortions or infertility.
MedLine Citation:
PMID:  18565515     Owner:  NLM     Status:  MEDLINE    
Abstract/OtherAbstract:
OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the safety and efficacy of hysteroscopic septum resection of the complete septate uterus with cervical duplication in patients with recurrent spontaneous abortions or infertility. DESIGN: Prospective consecutive clinical study. SETTING: University hospital for obstetrics, gynecology, and reproductive medicine. SUBJECT(S): Twenty-five patients with a complete septate uterus, cervical duplication, and history of recurrent spontaneous abortions (13 cases) or infertility (12 cases) were included. INTERVENTION(S): Hysteroscopic septum resection and sparing the double cervix using a bougie served as a means of orientation and blockage of internal cervical os. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE(S): Intraoperative and postoperative complications, and postoperative anatomic identification of the uterus. RESULT(S): No intraoperative and postoperative complications were encountered. Postoperatively, ultrasound revealed minor fundal septal remnants in 7 (31.8%) of 22 patients receiving the ultrasound detection, and no residual septum in the other 15 cases (68.2%). CONCLUSION(S): By using a bougie technique, hysteroscopic correction of complete septate uterus with cervical duplication and sparing the double cervix can be performed successfully.
Authors:
Jian-Hua Wang; Kai-Hong Xu; Jun Lin; Xue-Zhen Chen
Related Documents :
20169565 - Optimal treatment of cervical necrotizing fasciitis associated with descending necrotiz...
16291105 - Anterior cervical interbody fusion with a titanium box cage: early radiological assessm...
14768695 - Angle-meter to indicate the proper angle of insertion in anterior percutaneous cervical...
9801785 - Multiple regression analysis of the factors influencing the results of expansive open-d...
19729925 - The value of protecting the longitudinal staple line with invaginating sutures during e...
19196095 - Combined laparoscopic and thoracoscopic esophagectomy and gastric pull-up in a child.
Publication Detail:
Type:  Journal Article; Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't     Date:  2008-06-18
Journal Detail:
Title:  Fertility and sterility     Volume:  91     ISSN:  1556-5653     ISO Abbreviation:  Fertil. Steril.     Publication Date:  2009 Jun 
Date Detail:
Created Date:  2009-06-01     Completed Date:  2009-07-08     Revised Date:  -    
Medline Journal Info:
Nlm Unique ID:  0372772     Medline TA:  Fertil Steril     Country:  United States    
Other Details:
Languages:  eng     Pagination:  2643-9     Citation Subset:  IM    
Affiliation:
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Women's Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province, People's Republic of China.
Export Citation:
APA/MLA Format     Download EndNote     Download BibTex
MeSH Terms
Descriptor/Qualifier:
Abortion, Spontaneous / epidemiology*
Adult
Cervix Uteri / abnormalities*,  pathology,  surgery*
Female
Hospitals, University
Humans
Hysteroscopy / methods
Infant, Newborn
Infant, Premature
Infertility, Female / surgery*
Pregnancy
Pregnancy, Tubal
Prospective Studies
Recurrence
Uterus / abnormalities,  pathology,  surgery*

From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine


Previous Document:  Declining ovarian reserve adversely influences granulosa cell viability.
Next Document:  Prevalence of human herpes virus types 1-7 in the semen of men attending an infertility clinic and c...