Document Detail

Expression analysis of four testis-specific genes AURKC, OIP5, PIWIL2 and TAF7L in acute myeloid leukemia: a gender-dependent expression pattern.
MedLine Citation:
PMID:  23292864     Owner:  NLM     Status:  In-Data-Review    
Cancer testis antigens (CTAs) have normal expression restricted in the testis and also inappropriate expression in various tumor types. Special and favorable characteristics of these genes, as being immunogenic and therefore having the potential to be used as tumor vaccine, have made them as one of the star attractions of the cancer research. Acute myeloid leukemia (AML) is a highly heterogeneous hematological disorder with various reported changes in gene expression. To find new CTA genes in AML, we analyzed the expression pattern of four testis-specific genes AURKC, OIP5, PIWIL2 and TAF7L using real-time quantitative PCR in 51 AMLs and 6 myelodysplastic syndrome cases in comparison with 33 healthy controls. The expression of the studied genes, noticeably OIP5 and TAF7L, differed between studied groups in a gender-dependent manner. Upregulation of OIP5 was observed only in ~41 % of the female AML patients as compared to the healthy females. The remaining ~59 % of the male AML patients, when compared to the healthy males, displayed downregulation of TAF7L. This finding may affect many aspects of AML such as diagnosis, prognosis assessment and treatment choice.
Fatemeh Yazarloo; Reza Shirkoohi; Maryam Beigom Mobasheri; Amirhossein Emami; Mohammad Hossein Modarressi
Related Documents :
1312724 - Regulatory genes linked to the albino locus in the mouse confer competence for inducibl...
22993334 - Gene expression profiling of adult t(4;11)(q21;q23)-associated acute lymphoblastic leuk...
23411464 - Genome-wide profiling reveals epigenetic inactivation of the pu.1 pathway by histone h3...
17666584 - Progressive loss of estrogen receptor alpha cofactor recruitment in endocrine resistance.
19170934 - The nucleotidase/phosphatase sal1 is a negative regulator of drought tolerance in arabi...
6329934 - Characterization of the expression of cellular retrovirus genes and oncogenes in feline...
Publication Detail:
Type:  Journal Article     Date:  2013-01-06
Journal Detail:
Title:  Medical oncology (Northwood, London, England)     Volume:  30     ISSN:  1559-131X     ISO Abbreviation:  Med. Oncol.     Publication Date:  2013 Mar 
Date Detail:
Created Date:  2013-01-07     Completed Date:  -     Revised Date:  -    
Medline Journal Info:
Nlm Unique ID:  9435512     Medline TA:  Med Oncol     Country:  United States    
Other Details:
Languages:  eng     Pagination:  368     Citation Subset:  IM    
Department of Medical Genetics, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, PO Box: 14155-6447, Tehran, Iran.
Export Citation:
APA/MLA Format     Download EndNote     Download BibTex
MeSH Terms

From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine

Previous Document:  CD147, MMP9 expression and clinical significance of basal-like breast cancer.
Next Document:  Expression and clinical significance of microRNA-326 in human glioma miR-326 expression in glioma.