Document Detail


Evaluation of salt split technique of immunofluorescence in bullous pemphigoid.
MedLine Citation:
PMID:  17656991     Owner:  NLM     Status:  PubMed-not-MEDLINE    
Abstract/OtherAbstract:
Recent studies suggest that salt split skin is a more sensitive substrate than intact skin for immunofluorescence diagnosis of bullous pemphigoid. We undertook this study to define the role of salt split technique of immunofluorescence findings in 32 clinical and histopathology confirmed cases of bullous pemphigoid. Both direct and indirect immunofluorescences were performed using normal and split skin. Direct immunofluorescence positivity of 100% was noted with both routine and salt split method. Additional immunoreactant deposition was noted with direct method on split skin in 5 cases. Patterns of fluorescence in the latter were roof (40.60%), floor (9.4%) and combined roof and floor (50%). On indirect immunofluorescence, positivity was almost doubled with salt split technique ( 68%) as compared to routine method (36%). Thus, salt split technique was equivalent to routine on direct method in positivity with additional immunoreactant deposits noted in some and had double the sensitivity of the indirect method in detecting immunofluorescence in bullous pemphigoid.
Authors:
Seema Satyapal; Sangeeta Amladi; H R Jerajani
Publication Detail:
Type:  Journal Article    
Journal Detail:
Title:  Indian journal of dermatology, venereology and leprology     Volume:  68     ISSN:  0973-3922     ISO Abbreviation:  Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol     Publication Date:    2002 Nov-Dec
Date Detail:
Created Date:  2007-07-27     Completed Date:  2007-08-02     Revised Date:  -    
Medline Journal Info:
Nlm Unique ID:  7701852     Medline TA:  Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol     Country:  India    
Other Details:
Languages:  eng     Pagination:  330-3     Citation Subset:  -    
Affiliation:
Department of Dermatology, L. T. M. Medical College and General Hospital, Sion, Mumbai-400022, India.
Export Citation:
APA/MLA Format     Download EndNote     Download BibTex
MeSH Terms
Descriptor/Qualifier:

From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine


Previous Document:  Onychomycosis: a significant medical problem.
Next Document:  Cutaneous lesions in new born.