Document Detail


Diurnal variation of fetal activity.
MedLine Citation:
PMID:  7189265     Owner:  NLM     Status:  MEDLINE    
Abstract/OtherAbstract:
Fetal movements (FM) in utero are an expression of fetal well-being, and the importance of assessing these movements has been shown in cases of chronic fetal distress. The diurnal variations were studied in 2 groups of high-risk pregnant women who assessed FM by subjective perception. The patients in the first group assessed FM before and after meals. The majority (86%) reported no significant difference in fetal activity before and after meals; the remaining 14% noted a constant decrease after meals. Of the second group, which assessed FM 3 times daily 82% discerned no significant differences and 18% showed significant diurnal variations. It is concluded that assessment of FM is not necessarily dependent on a strict timetable.
Authors:
A Birkenfeld; N Laufer; E Sadovsky
Related Documents :
12858305 - Maternal anxiety and fetal behavior at 15 weeks' gestation.
10950815 - Central neuropeptide y stimulates ingestive behavior and increases urine output in the ...
2679105 - The predictive value of fetal breathing movement and bishop score in the diagnosis of "...
16295215 - Changes in symptoms of sleep-disordered breathing during pregnancy.
984145 - A new, more sensitive tube test for pregnancy evaluated with a selected hospital popula...
9987685 - The transfer of two embryos instead of three to reduce the risk of multiple pregnancy: ...
Publication Detail:
Type:  Journal Article    
Journal Detail:
Title:  Obstetrics and gynecology     Volume:  55     ISSN:  0029-7844     ISO Abbreviation:  Obstet Gynecol     Publication Date:  1980 Apr 
Date Detail:
Created Date:  1980-06-27     Completed Date:  1980-06-27     Revised Date:  2009-10-26    
Medline Journal Info:
Nlm Unique ID:  0401101     Medline TA:  Obstet Gynecol     Country:  UNITED STATES    
Other Details:
Languages:  eng     Pagination:  417-9     Citation Subset:  AIM; IM    
Export Citation:
APA/MLA Format     Download EndNote     Download BibTex
MeSH Terms
Descriptor/Qualifier:
Circadian Rhythm*
Eating
Female
Fetus / physiology*
Humans
Movement
Pregnancy
Pregnancy Complications / physiopathology

From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine


Previous Document:  Humoral immunity in myasthenia gravis: effect of steroids and thymectomy.
Next Document:  Chromosomal abnormalities associated with infertility.