Document Detail


Concomitant coronary and asymptomatic carotid artery disease in patients prior to myocardial revascularization.
MedLine Citation:
PMID:  9106388     Owner:  NLM     Status:  MEDLINE    
Abstract/OtherAbstract:
The authors report on the results of ultrasound examinations of the carotid arteries in 525 patients with ischemic heart disease, hospitalized at the Department of Cardiac Surgery in Hradec Králové, prior to myocardial revascularization. Only 213 patients (40.6%) had intact carotid bed. The remaining 312 patients (59.4%) were found to have asymptomatic sclerotic changes of varying degrees of severity. Haemodynamically significant stenoses of over 50% were found in 64 cases (12.2%). 19 patients (3.6%) had critical stenoses of over 85% or occlusions of one or both internal carotid arteries. Comparison between patients younger than 65 and older than 65 showed significant increase of sclerotic changes in the older group. The authors prefer to perform myocardial revascularization procedure in hypothermic CPB with alpha-stat regime before carotid artery surgery. Combined procedures are preferred only in cases with concomitant neurologic and coronary symptomatology or in cases with severe carotid stenoses or occlusions of both arteries.
Authors:
J Mand'ák; V Lonský; J Dominik; L Harrerová; M Brtko
Related Documents :
9660908 - Transmyocardial laser revascularization (tmlr): a long way to the first successful clin...
24067598 - Myocardial protection by co-administration of l-arginine and tetrahydrobiopterin during...
9527198 - Early results of transmyocardial revascularization with a holmium laser.
22246488 - Unmasking of j waves during right coronary angiography in patients with spontaneous cor...
17590718 - Pattern of congenital heart disease in king fahd specialist hospital, buraidah.
2942408 - Correlation of functional parameters derived by equilibrium radionuclide angiocardiogra...
Publication Detail:
Type:  Journal Article    
Journal Detail:
Title:  Acta medica (Hradec Králové) / Universitas Carolina, Facultas Medica Hradec Králové     Volume:  39     ISSN:  1211-4286     ISO Abbreviation:  Acta Medica (Hradec Kralove)     Publication Date:  1996  
Date Detail:
Created Date:  1997-07-07     Completed Date:  1997-07-07     Revised Date:  2004-11-17    
Medline Journal Info:
Nlm Unique ID:  9705947     Medline TA:  Acta Medica (Hradec Kralove)     Country:  CZECH REPUBLIC    
Other Details:
Languages:  eng     Pagination:  31-4     Citation Subset:  IM    
Affiliation:
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital, Charles University Faculty of Medicine.
Export Citation:
APA/MLA Format     Download EndNote     Download BibTex
MeSH Terms
Descriptor/Qualifier:
Adult
Aged
Arteriosclerosis / pathology
Carotid Artery Diseases / complications*,  pathology
Carotid Stenosis / complications
Coronary Artery Bypass*
Coronary Disease / complications*,  surgery
Female
Humans
Male
Middle Aged

From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine


Previous Document:  Therapeutic efficacy of obidoxime or HI-6 with atropine against intoxication with some nerve agents ...
Next Document:  The seroprevalence of the "total" anti-HAV antibody in the Czech UNPRO Forces (1991-1995).