"Nurses leading to the future" 2012 TNF scholarly writing contest.
Tumor necrosis factor
|Publication:||Name: Tennessee Nurse Publisher: Tennessee Nurses Association Audience: Academic Format: Magazine/Journal Subject: Health care industry Copyright: COPYRIGHT 2011 Tennessee Nurses Association ISSN: 1055-3134|
|Issue:||Date: Winter, 2011 Source Volume: 74 Source Issue: 4|
|Topic:||Canadian Subject Form: Tumour necrosis factor|
|Product:||Product Code: 8043100 Nurses NAICS Code: 621399 Offices of All Other Miscellaneous Health Practitioners|
The Tennessee Nurses Foundation is sponsoring a scholarly writing
contest for TNA members. A $1,000 award will be presented to the winner
as part of the celebration of Nurses Week 2012.
1. Registered Nurse
2. Contest applicant must have been a continuous member of TNA for at least one year prior to entering the contest.
3. Paper is publishable as submitted.
1) Introduction: will provide adequate foundation for the body of the paper and will include a purpose statement for the paper.
2) Body of the Paper: will address one of the following
* Nursing research--how to use research in daily practice supported by an example and explanation of how you have used research in your daily practice.
* The use of leadership in daily practice supported by an example and explanation of how you have either used or experienced a particular leadership style in your daily practice.
* How you have used or influenced the use of evidence based practice in your daily practice.
* Identify mentoring strategies for use with new nurses and/or strategies to retain the experienced nurse.
3) Conclusion: will summarize the main points of the body of the paper with implications for nursing practice.
4) References: will be adequately and appropriately referenced in the body of the paper and will be from contemporary peer reviewed resources.
5) Must not have been previously published.
6) Maximum of 10 pages (inclusive of references)
7) Double spaced, 10-12 point font.
A completed application must include:
1) All applicant contact information including email and TNA identification number.
2) Two (2) copies of the manuscript.
Deadline for submission: March 31, 2012. Submissions must be postmarked by this date. Fax submissions are not accepted. Entries will be judged by blind review by selected nursing experts. The winner will be notified by certified mail.
Please mail submissions to:
TNF Scholarly Writing Contest * 545 Mainstream Drive, Suite 405 * Nashville, TN 37228-1296
|Gale Copyright:||Copyright 2011 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.|