Frank Abagnale: ACFEI featured speaker in Las Vegas!
|Article Type:||Conference notes|
|Subject:||Data security (Conferences, meetings and seminars)|
|Publication:||Name: Annals of the American Psychotherapy Association Publisher: American Psychotherapy Association Audience: Academic; Professional Format: Magazine/Journal Subject: Psychology and mental health Copyright: COPYRIGHT 2009 American Psychotherapy Association ISSN: 1535-4075|
|Issue:||Date: Summer, 2009 Source Volume: 12 Source Issue: 2|
|Topic:||Computer Subject: Data security issue|
|Product:||Product Code: 9916270 Data Processing Security|
|Organization:||Organization: American College of Forensic Examiners International|
|Persons:||Named Person: Abagnale, Frank W.|
|Geographic:||Geographic Scope: United States Geographic Name: Las Vegas, Nevada Geographic Code: 1USA United States|
The American College of Forensic Examiners is proud to announce
that Frank Abagnale will be the keynote speaker at this year's
National Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Frank W. Abagnale is one of the world's most respected authorities on forgery, embezzlement, and secure documents. For over 30 years he has worked with, advised, and consulted with hundreds of financial institutions, corporations, and government agencies around the world.
Mr. Abagnale's rare blend of knowledge and expertise began more than 40 years ago when he was known as one of the world's most famous confidence men. This was depicted most graphically in his best-selling book, Catch Me If You Can, a film of which was also made, directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks. Between the ages of 16 and 21, he successfully posed as an airline pilot, an attorney, a college professor, and a pediatrician. Additionally, he cashed $2.5 million in fraudulent checks in every state and 26 foreign countries. Apprehended by the French police when he was 21 years old, he served time in the French, Swedish, and U.S. prison systems. After 5 years he was released on the condition that he would help the federal government, without remuneration, by teaching and assisting federal law enforcement agencies.
Mr. Abagnale has now been associated with the FBI for over 30 years. More than 14,000 financial institutions, corporations, and law enforcement agencies use his fraud prevention programs. In 1998, he was selected as a distinguished member of "Pinnacle 400" by CNN Financial News--a select group of 400 people chosen on the basis of great accomplishment and success in their fields.
In 2004, Mr. Abagnale was selected as the spokesperson for the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA). He has also written numerous articles and books including The Air of the Steal, The Real U Guide to Identity Theft, and Stealing Your Life.
For more information on ACFEI's National Conference or to register, please contact ACFEI Member Services at (800) 592-1399.
Accomplishments (Information retrieved from www.abagnale.com)
* Standard Register Company--since the early 1980s worked with and developed security features used on car titles, birth certificates, doctors' prescription pads, negotiable instruments, packaging, and luxury items.
* Novell--helped develop identity management software used by thousands of corporations, governments, and financial institutions.
* Affinion Group--helped develop PrivacyGuard, a credit monitoring service now used by over 6 million Americans, as well as in Canada and the United Kingdom.
* ADP--designed their current payroll check issued more than 800 million times a year for the payrolls of thousands of corporations.
* First Data Corp (FDC)--designed the Integrated Payment Systems (IPS) Check, which is currently the official bank check of over 3,000 financial institutions.
* Safechecks, Inc.--designed the SuperCheck and SuperBusiness Check considered to be the most secure checks in the world and used by thousands of municipalities, mortgage companies, title and escrow offices, and corporations.
* Appleton Papers--designed the Frank W. Abagnale signature watermark paper, one of the most secure papers in the world with numerous security features built into the paper stock and distributed exclusively by Standard Register Company, USA.
* Audemars Piguet--designed the anti-counterfeiting technology incorporated in one of the world's most luxurious watches.
* Leigh-Mardon (Australia)--one of the world's most sophisticated secure document printers and manufacturer of credit cards and smart cards. Helped design the Australian passport, Australian postal money order, and numerous official international bank checks.
* The 41st Parameter--partnered with and helped develop ImageMask--software that digitally blocks information on checks and documents from being seen online. This technology is used by some of the nation's largest banks.
* Staples, Inc.--partnered with the world's largest office supply store bringing security products and solutions to their consumer and business customers.
* Sanford uni-ball--helped develop the uni-ball 207 writing instrument. The only pen in the world that cannot be altered by chemicals or solvents. Over 20 million sold annually in the United States alone.
* In the past 31 years Mr. Abagnale has worked with 65% of the Fortune 500 Companies in America.
* Author of three books on white collar crime and identity theft--The Art of the Steal, The Real U Guide to Identity Theft, and Stealing Your Life.
* Designed SequrZ secure number font used by thousands of corporations, government agencies and financial institutions to secure the written and dollar amounts on negotiable instruments.
Frank Abagnale's rare blend of knowledge and expertise began more than 40 years ago when he was known as one of the world's most famous confidence men. This was depicted most graphically in his best-selling book, Catch Me lf You Can, a film of which was also made, directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks.
Mr. Abagnale has now been associated with the FBI for over 30 years. More than 14,000 financial institutions, corporations and law enforcement agencies use his fraud prevention programs.
Make plans now to attend his featured presentation at the 2009 National Conference!
|Gale Copyright:||Copyright 2009 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.|