Community based rehabilitation (CBR) course.
Medical societies (Curricula)
|Publication:||Name: Leprosy Review Publisher: British Leprosy Relief Association Audience: Academic Format: Magazine/Journal Subject: Health Copyright: COPYRIGHT 2008 British Leprosy Relief Association ISSN: 0305-7518|
|Issue:||Date: Sept, 2008 Source Volume: 79 Source Issue: 3|
|Product:||Product Code: 8622000 Medical Associations NAICS Code: 81392 Professional Organizations SIC Code: 8621 Professional organizations|
|Geographic:||Geographic Scope: Ethiopia; Nepal Geographic Code: 6ETHI Ethiopia; 9NEPA Nepal|
Increasingly, rehabilitation and prevention of disability takes
place in the community with the active involvement and participation of
the community. CBR advocates appropriate technology, the formation of
self-help groups, and microfinance business training. These activities
aim to empower people with disability and the communities in which they
In both Nepal and Ethiopia this CBR course immediately follows a RPOD course.
Course objective: By the end of this course, participants will have a working knowledge of all the important aspects related to CBR. Course Content
1. Defining disability
2. History and classification of CBR
3. Project management cycle
4. Community participation in CBR
5. Disabled People's Organisations and CBR
6. Socio-economic rehabilitation & micro-credit
7. Measuring quality of life
* Plenary theoretical sessions
* Practical sessions
* A field trip
* Managers of community based rehabilitation and/or POD programmes.
* Senior leprosy control staff with managerial responsibilities for RPOD/CBR activities.
Competence in written and spoken English
Venues and Dates
BIKASH (Pokhara), Nepal: March 9-March 20, 2009 (2 weeks)
ALERT (Addis Ababa), Ethiopia: November 23-December 4, 2009 (2 weeks)
* The main facilitator for the course will be Huib Cornielje (CBR expert, www.enablement.nl).
* The Partnership for Rehabilitation Program, a community outreach/rehabilitation program of the International Nepal Fellowship will co-facilitate this course in Nepal.
BIKASH Nepal--US$ 1000 for 2 weeks' full board and lodging and all course expenses
ALERT Ethiopia--approx. 1155 Euros for 2 weeks' full board and lodging and all course expenses
A certificate of attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Further information can be obtained from
The Training Co-ordinator
BIKASH Training Centre
Green Pastures Complex
P.O. Box 28
Tel +977 61 430562
Fax + 977 61 430940
E-mail: info @bikashnepal.org.np
Director of Training
PO Box 165
Tel +251-11-321 1341
Fax + 251-11-321 1351
Email: leprosytb @ ethionet.et
|Gale Copyright:||Copyright 2008 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.|